Beginning a wellness journey can feel daunting, especially if you’re on social media. It can make it look like you have to have all of the newest kitchen tools, programs, workouts, sleep trackers, count your macros and take on a full time job as a chef in order to be successful.
But that’s not true.
All you need to get started is a commitment to do a few things a day. Once you master those, add 1 more. And so on.
The smallest things, when done consistently, can make an enormous difference in how you feel. And when you feel good, you make better decisions, and your confidence increases.
Pick a few things from this list and start today:
- When you wake up in the morning, drink 8 – 16oz of water. This alone activates peristalsis in your body, aiding you in proper and regular elimination first thing in the morning. This alone will help with energy, metabolism, bloat, and digestion. You don’t need lemon and cayenne pepper – just water on your bedside table waiting for you when you wake up.
- Drink half your body weight in ounces each day
- Journal in the evenings for just 5 minutes – write down 3 things that went well or that you are proud of from the day
- Move your body. It can be 5 minutes or a whole hour. Anything from a few sit ups, to stretching, a walk, or a full workout. Just move daily.
- Chew slowly. Fully appreciate your meal. Look at it, smell it, and then enjoy each bite. Digestion begins when you smell your food.
- Use a warm washcloth to wash your face in the morning and at night.
- Dry brush or use a wooden paddle for lymphatic drainage massage before taking a shower.
- Start a skincare routine.
- Read a book instead of scrolling on your phone before bed.
- Schedule self-care and schedule fun.
If you choose to let go of the resistance around changing your lifestyle and view it as taking care of your mind and body, you can often see better success than if you were to simply focus on food or exercise.